When to Call A Foot Specialist?

When to Call A Foot Specialist? Photo

Please contact our office if you are experiencing: Skin or nails changes such as: - Blisters, cracking, or peeling of the skin on your foot or around your heels - Spreading of an infection from one area of the foot to another, such as under the nail bed, to the nail itself, or to the surrounding skin - Fungal infections or fungal nails - Foot or ankle symptoms that do not improve after two weeks of treatment with a non-prescription product - Odour coming from your feet - Thickened skin (ie. calluses or corns) in areas on the feet Issues such as: - Persistent pain in your feet, toes or ankles - Pain in your knees, low back, or hips - Persistent pain that is not alleviated by ice or over-the-counter painkillers (such as Aspirin, ibuprofen or acetaminophen) - Excessive wear on the outer sole of the shoes - Shoes tend to wear out quickly - Someone else in your family has similar issues with their feet If you are Diabetic and have: - Poor circulation and/or numbness in the feet - Increased pain, swelling, redness, tenderness, or heat coming from an area on your foot - Red streaks extending from a lesion on the foot - Discharge or pus draining from an area on the foot - Interest in diabetic footcare education